Frequently Asked Questions


Who is Jade Utilities?

Jade Utilities has been contracted by the Jade Body Corporate to provide utility management services to the complex at 35 Burdett Street, Albion, 4010.


How do I sign up my electricity account?

Connection requests can be made by visiting this online website: or alternatively by calling 1300 88 62 83 Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am to 12:30 pm. Connection phone lines are closed Sundays and public holidays. 

















How do I set up my direct debit?

You will be able to set up your direct debit with Ezidebit when you register and sign up your account online. Automatic payments or direct debits are an easy stress free way to ensure that your bills are paid on time. Any balance remaining on your account is automatically deducted on the due date as detailed on your energy bill.


Is my apartment individually metered?

To ensure the accuracy of energy billing all Jade apartments are individually metered.


How often is usage billed?

The residents of Jade are billed monthly for their electricity usage. To ensure accuracy your bill will be based on actual meter readings, not estimates. In the extremely rare cases where bills are issued on estimated consumption (due to access issues or a faulty meter), the estimate is based on historical usage data or market standards.


How will my bill be sent to me?

As the environment is important to us all billing will be conducted online. Energy bills will be e-mailed to the address you supplied during the online registration process. However, should you wish to receive paper bills a further postage and handling fee will apply. Charges may also apply for historical PDF billing reprints.


What fees or costs may I get charged?

Please view the schedules of the terms and conditions for Pricing and Energy Plans.


Can I claim a concession?

Contact us as you may be eligible for government-funded concessions on your energy bills if you hold any of the following cards:


  • A current Pensioner Concession Card Issued by Centrelink 

  • A current Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card

  • A current QLD Seniors Card

  • A current Commonwealth Health Care Card (issued by Centrelink)

  • Asylum seeker status ( ImmiCard details will be required)


For more information visit:



I am moving out, how do I close my electricity account?

Kindly visit the website and complete a move out form to notify Jade Utilities that you would like your account to be closed. Kindly ensure that there are no arrears on your account and ensure that your direct debit has been stopped

What if my bill is too high?

At your request, we will review your bill. While the bill is being reviewed, we require payment for either that part of the bill that we both agree is not in dispute or an amount equal to the average of your bills over the previous twelve months. Our experienced customer service staff member can also talk to you about what could be affecting your usage. If you are not satisfied with the review, you may ask for a meter test. If your meter is inaccurate, we will adjust your bill accordingly and there will be no charge for the test. If the meter is accurate, you will be required to pay an Inspection Fee, the cost of the meter test and the amount outstanding. Potential test costs will be discussed with you before the test is scheduled.


How do I voice a concern?

Contact us via the form below or by calling 1300 88 62 83 and someone from our customer service team will endeavour to resolve your problem. In some cases we may request that you notify us of your concerns in writing. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns promptly.If concerns remain, you may request to speak to a supervisor who will review your case and advise any decisions reached. Some matters, such as supply quality problems, have to be referred to a distributor and may take longer to sort out due to their technical nature. However, we will endeavour to keep you up to date as we are notified of progress. Whatever the problem, contacting us first is generally the quickest way to fix things, and often helps us make improvements for other customers.

Am I able to choose my own electricity provider?

Yes, you may choose an electricity retailer that is not Jade Utilities. However, as Jade is part of an embedded network the process is more detailed and may take 4 weeks to connect your electricity. You’ll need to make sure you understand the potential consequences of this, including a new electricity meter, associated costs and receiving two invoices. You will have to ask the potential retailer for an 'energy only' offer and inform us of their quotation to you. 

Tip:  Sign up your electricity with Jade Utilities so you have supply as soon as possible – we do not have any lock in contracts or termination fees like other providers and we get you connected fast as our service to you!  We ask that you first give us a chance and then you can look to move to an electricity provider of your choice if you are not satisfied with us.

We will work with you to resolve any concerns that you may have initially or assist you to move over, whatever you choose.

How do I check if there is an emergency power outage in my area?




Call 13 62 62 to notify Energex of power outages or to seek advice on restoration timeframes.


 To check a scheduled outage visit:



Do you have a question that we haven't answered?



Success! Message received.